Add a map pin
Allows a map user to place a pin on the map and add information in a pin information box. Once saved, the pin is visible to all map users.
- To add a pin, first click the Add Pin button on the toolbar. The button will remain highlighted
- Click the location on the map where you would like to add a pin
- A pin info box will appear
- Add the desired information and click “Save changes”. Information can be updated or changed later if you need. Note: You must click “Save changes” for your pin to be saved.
- Once the pin information box closes a pin will appear in the clicked location.
- The pin will then be visible to all other map users.
MAP LAYERS AND ADDING PINS
Depending upon how your map administrator has set up your map, it is possible that you may only be able to add pins to certain layers on the map. You can see which layers you have edit access to from the layers button. See your map administrator if you need access to more layers.